Teachers On Tour – At A Glance
- 15 Teachers, 1 Month, 4 Cities
- Host Family Stay Opportunity
- Learn Conversational Spanish
- Experience and Implement Best Practice Strategies
Faculty fellows spend one month traveling in teams, spending 5 – 7 days in destination cities experiencing the different educational systems and culture that each community has to offer. As educators of the world, participants visit schools and classrooms to discover what makes each region unique, gaining a better understanding of its education systems, history, culture, geography and environmental issues.
- TOUR ONE: Orlando, New Orleans, Atlanta, Charleston SC*
- TOUR TWO: Charlotte NC, Richmond Virginia, Wash.DC, Philadelphia PA*
- TOUR THREE: Denver CO, Lincoln NE, Des Moines IA, Chicago IL*
- TOUR FOUR: Las Vegas NV, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, Portland OR*
*exact tour itineraries subject to change.
Life On The Road
Our Teachers On Tour participants live with and learn from host families in the communities they visit, gaining a sense of what day-to-day life is like in their corner of the world offering an unparalleled level of cultural immersion.
Sample weekly schedule:
Sunday: Travel day (host family)
Monday: In Classrooms
Tuesday: In Classrooms
Wednesday: Half/Full day workshop on engaging teaching strategies
Thursday: Online class instruction
Friday: Guest Speaker
Saturday: Fellows day off
Interact With Local Leaders
In addition to gaining professional development in high-performing classrooms, Teachers On Tour Fellows will meet with political, corporate, and social leaders in each city, visiting regional points of interest.
While Teachers on Tour Fellows cover their personal expenses, participants receive a stipend upon completion of the program. Additionally, Teachers On Tour participants gain credit for the experience in curriculum and instruction.